RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

Can you see the depth of meaning in this quote?
There is a quote that resonates for me very strongly but I have found that it often isn't acknowledged for the true depth of thought that went into it. I wonder how you feel about it......

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence."  Jiddu Krishnamurti

Your thoughts?
[-] The following 5 users Like Pauline99's post:
  • Arco_p123, Skytiger, popsthebuilder, anushri, Aceofcups
Thank you Pauline...

It reminded me a drop of a Rumi Poem I like very much..translated by Coleman Barks.

One Song  (One Light)

Every war and every conflict between human beings
has happened because of some disagreement about names.
It is such an unnecessary foolishness,
because just beyond the arguing
there is a long table of companionship
set and waiting for us to sit down.

What is praised is one, so the praise is one too,
many jugs being poured into a huge basin.
All religions, all this singing, one song.

The differences are just illusion and vanity.
Sunlight looks a little different on this wall
than it does on that wall
and a lot different on this other one,
but it is still one light.

We have borrowed these clothes,
these time-and-space personalities,
from a light, and when we praise,
we are pouring them back in.

peace
aceofcups
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 4 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • Skytiger, popsthebuilder, anushri, Pauline99
(03-07-2018, 02:55 AM)Aceofcups Wrote: Thank you Pauline...

It reminded me a drop of a Rumi Poem I like very much..translated by Coleman Barks.

One Song  (One Light)

Every war and every conflict between human beings
has happened because of some disagreement about names.
It is such an unnecessary foolishness,
because just beyond the arguing
there is a long table of companionship
set and waiting for us to sit down.

What is praised is one, so the praise is one too,
many jugs being poured into a huge basin.
All religions, all this singing, one song.

The differences are just illusion and vanity.
Sunlight looks a little different on this wall
than it does on that wall
and a lot different on this other one,
but it is still one light.

We have borrowed these clothes,
these time-and-space personalities,
from a light, and when we praise,
we are pouring them back in.

peace
aceofcups

Love this! And I'm not a big one for poetry...lol1 Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pauline99's post:
  • Aceofcups
Being an Indian or a European is a matter of physical or geographical fact, although one may have made a choice/decision on this at a Higher Self pre-incarnation level. Thus it is unalterable in the third dimension.

Being a Muslim or a Christian is a matter of metaphysical or spiritual status, and beyond mere physicality.

At whichever level one propounds oneself to one's fellows post incarnation, one has FREE WILL, the ability to choose: either violence and proselytism or, surely preferably, a specifically, consciously aware attitude of tolerance and non-violence.

I would expect greater acuity from someone of Jiddu Krishnamurti's reputation but then, who am I to criticise or denigrate such a being?

L & L
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 2 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Skytiger, Pauline99
(03-07-2018, 01:16 AM)Pauline99 Wrote: There is a quote that resonates for me very strongly but I have found that it often isn't acknowledged for the true depth of thought that went into it. I wonder how you feel about it......

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence."  Jiddu Krishnamurti

Your thoughts?

Thank you very much Pauline for sharing this and mentioning about Jiddu Krishnamurti.

The quote resonated with my own thoughts and practices so much that I could not stop myself from reading about Krishnamurti. I am very happy to find about someone with who my experiences and thoughts resonate.

" The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth" said J Krishnamurti and I completely agree with it and have been trying to express the same thing through all my posts since a long time. After Thoth and hermetic principles, it is Krishnamurti's bio I found so intriguing. Though I know there are/were some very few in the world, but I never got to read about or meet anyone who so eloquently, boldly and bluntly spoke (for) the Truth and the unconditional and ultimate freedom without the tint of 'god, master, guide, guru, religion, etc' .This is very deep and only those who have managed to reach or see the "Flower of Light" would understand what Krishnamurti is referring to.

Through your post, I got one more being to inspire me. So thank you.

Keep Lighting and lightening!

Pranam _/\_
[-] The following 1 user Likes anushri's post:
  • Pauline99
(03-07-2018, 01:16 AM)Pauline99 Wrote: There is a quote that resonates for me very strongly but I have found that it often isn't acknowledged for the true depth of thought that went into it. I wonder how you feel about it......

Your thoughts?
Division can only bring violence towards those on the outside.

Good point.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post:
  • Pauline99
Fantastic OP

Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skytiger's post:
  • Pauline99
(03-07-2018, 12:47 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: Being an Indian or a European is a matter of physical or geographical fact, although one may have made a choice/decision on this at a Higher Self pre-incarnation level. Thus it is unalterable in the third dimension.

Being a Muslim or a Christian is a matter of metaphysical or spiritual status, and beyond mere physicality.

At whichever level one propounds oneself to one's fellows post incarnation, one has FREE WILL, the ability to choose: either violence and proselytism or, surely preferably, a specifically, consciously aware attitude of tolerance and non-violence.

I would expect greater acuity from someone of Jiddu Krishnamurti's reputation but then, who am I to criticise or denigrate such a being?

L & L

If I've understood you correctly Moon, I would suggest that we have the ability, in the 3rd dimension, to see things from a higher perspective if we choose to. We can accomplish here what is already accomplished in the higher realms. We simply have to be willing. I think I'm saying roughly what you are saying but I think that Krishnamurti was suggesting the way to get there in this dimension.
  • MOONBEARSPEAKS
(03-07-2018, 02:34 PM)anushri Wrote:

Your thoughts?

Thank you very much Pauline for sharing this and mentioning about Jiddu Krishnamurti.

The quote resonated with my own thoughts and practices so much that I could not stop myself from reading about Krishnamurti. I am very happy to find about someone with who my experiences and thoughts resonate.

" The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth"  said J Krishnamurti and I completely agree with it and have been trying to express the same thing through all my posts since a long time. After Thoth and hermetic principles, it is Krishnamurti's bio I found so intriguing. Though I know there are/were some very few in the world, but  I never got to read  about or meet  anyone who so  eloquently, boldly and bluntly spoke (for) the Truth and the unconditional and ultimate freedom without the tint of 'god, master, guide, guru, religion, etc' .This is very deep and only those who have managed to reach or see the "Flower of Light" would understand what Krishnamurti is referring to.

Through your post, I got  one more being to inspire me. So thank you.

Keep Lighting and lightening!

Pranam _/\_

I'm very happy that it had a positive effect for you Anushri!! Smile
  • anushri
when im being consistent, im being inconsistent. when im being frail, im being not frail. the moment i aknowledge a way, it is not the only way there being, so if i call myself living, i forgeot to live in thea moment.

the error does not lie only with- the one proclaiming, But with also the one hearing,. Can i be a european and not be also an indian?, can i be muslim but not also christian, can we be weak but not also stronger then expected?

all things sum themselves in up; That no one is neither this nor that, but that we are all things to whim who strengthens you, be it by muslim Allah swt or by christian christ, all are greater power and calling on ones way. Error lies in this that we expect to be better then the other,.. error lies in this that we think one can make a better thing then another. True and audi might be better to a volkswagen, but both are vehicles, man in mankind thinks a prize is set on them that are better to make man better of themselves, Either way they self flawed, there is no ending but one and the same, and one beginning one and the same, to all

why must a birth in a mansion be greater then a birth in the jungle, or the jungle in verse reversed in itself. So call that vanity,..i call this vanities of life. two paths are given, the one better for oneself and mankind.... the one better for oneself should be taken, that out of that, mankind might be in better shape of it, not versus mankind and yourself battle it, you, then of you the whole, for if the you is sick, the whole can not be made whole either, unless you value in life is great, you can not help the value of greatness in itself.

Clear your minds and choose the better path,.. Karma has its way and if you submit to the higher calling, you do better,.. Else you think the audi does more value to you then the volkswagen, which history far greater in value then the audi, audi tho looks nice, but does what look nice always stand the test of time... beauty in the eyes of the beholder, so we reckon its only ones own choice to do so.. but either way, the higher power is always greater then the lesser, but think not oneself to be better then the other, it still is not how thing is to be seen, simply be, and let life come.. two paths will show and present itself, and may the better path be taken.
[-]
  •