RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you see the depth of meaning in this quote?
I am a Celt. I follow the Celtic path. I am proud of my ancestral heritage. I have friends who are Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim and even Atheist, and of course friends of varying colours and nationalities. I do not consider myself, or any of them to be better or worse than other people, nor do we try to convert each other in the way we think.
We each chose a path to follow, we each embark on a journey, a journey of self discovery which will eventually lead to source/God/Nirvana. Each us chose a path that is right for us, no two paths are the same even though they may have similar labels. 
Our nationality is an accident of birth, or is it. in reality there are no such accidents and no coincidences, everything happens for a reason. That reason may not be readily apparent, but in time, or maybe in the next life before we reincarnate the reason will be seen.
We are all here for a reason, to develop, grow, learn lessons and values. Our paths do not cause violence or hatred, these things are learned, or taught to us from an early age by our peers. It is not our nationality or religion which causes these problems but the people, or even teachers we follow, not our individual paths.
If someone says 'This is the only right path' they are liars. If someone says 'Follow me, this is the only way to salvation' they are misinformed. These people should not be condemned but pitied, just smile and walk away.
The hardest lesson we all must learn is acceptance. Accept that we are not perfect. Accept that some people have more than us. Accept that people are different. Accept that not everybody agrees with your views. Accept and be content in your life, it is the only one you have.
Remember we are all made in the image of our creator God. 
Whatever name you call him/she/it doesn't matter there is only one great creator spirit. 
That image is not an outward, physical image, but the inner spark of life. That divine spirit which we all have. 
We are all part of the same divine being. We are all the same, equal, divine and beautiful. 
Start your journey, seek your own true being and divinity, when you find yourself you will find God.
There is no 'right time' to start your journey just as there is no 'wrong time', a journey of a thousand miles begin with one step.
I am an occultist and follow a basically Pagan path, we have a prayer which I will share with you all. It is the knot prayer;

Dear Goddess, Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart, and my life. 
Remove the have nots, the can nots and the do nots that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots, may nots and might nots that find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all, dear Goddess I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all the ‘am nots’ that I have allowed to hold me back – especially the thought that I am not good enough. Amen
[-] The following 3 users Like johngefnir's post:
  • Skytiger, anushri, MOONBEARSPEAKS
(03-07-2018, 01:16 AM)Pauline99 Wrote: There is a quote that resonates for me very strongly but I have found that it often isn't acknowledged for the true depth of thought that went into it. I wonder how you feel about it......

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence."  Jiddu Krishnamurti

Your thoughts?

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for sharing the quote!

Though I partially agree with it as differentiation doesn't always make someone violent.
It's the lack of understanding of our origin, compassion and respect towards an individual. Sadly, it diminishes the essence and importance of humanity.

Ideally, any (justified) differences should be taken as an opportunity to make one wise with time and efforts towards self-improvisation. Any such identity is merely a manmade concept that must not overrule us of being human first!

Love & Blessings,
[-]
  •
According to the words of Teihard de Chardin we are not humans seeking a spiritual existence, we are spiritual beings immersed in a human existence.
It is the human part of us that causes the trouble, we must learn to reconcile the human with the spiritual and let the spiritual light shine through.
It is difficult in todays world to live a truly spiritual existence, we have bills to pay, we have to work, we are conditioned to strive for the material things that we are told will improve our lives. We are judged by the house we live in, the car we drive, the clothes we wear, the size of our bank account. We have envy and jealousy bred into us.
We need to shed this cloak of human conformity. Forgive me, I'm only human is a universal excuse for doing or being wrong.
We are who we are and we are what we are born. Our colour, race, even our religion is really an accident of birth, but our development is not! 
We have a free will, we have imagination, we have that spark of divinity within us which is the likeness of God. We each have the power to rise above hatred, envy, discrimination, pride and leave the ego behind. All we need to do is be brave enough to stand against it and strive for change. I say all we need to do, it isn't easy, the easy way is to follow like sheep, fit in, be normal. Baron Rothchild once said, 'to succeed one must look at the masses and go the other way'. It takes a brave person in todays world and society to do that!
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD IT CAN ONLY BE DONE ONE PERSON AT A TIME, AND THE PERSON TO START WITH IS YOURSELF.
[-] The following 2 users Like johngefnir's post:
  • Skytiger, MOONBEARSPEAKS

test