RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

"Enlightened Person" and "Awakened Person" means the same?
Hi friends,
I'd like to read your views about this.

In some spiritual texts, we come across these 2 expressions. "Enlightened person" and "Awakened person".
Would those expressions mean the same thing to you? Or do they mean different thing to you?

Thank you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 3 users Like krya's post:
  • Admin, dryrot, kashish
IMO we all become more ‘enlightened’ every day.  About the world around us and what we learn from others. To become fully enlightened we would have to know everything that Creator knows.
Something that I don’t feel I am ready for, nor are those who still not learned everything there is to know.

Awakened IMO is simply knowing that we are all Loved Uncondtionally by Creator of all things.  Every single moment our Creator is with us, speaks to us, teaches us.  To learn everything that Creator knows is impossible IMO, for as we grow, so does Creator. 

We do have eternity to learn and understand, as we are all immortal souls experiencing life as humans.  We are not the only souls as as Creataor creates more than we can imagine.

Skytiger
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skytiger's post:
  • krya
Maybe Enlighten would fit with the golden aura.. A more advanced soul? hermeticism or some kind. 

I feel like it has to do with the level of wisdom that you have gained, surely, and that you could teach. Like masters or just some great spiritual teachers. 

or 

Maybe its two complete definition which one refers to: enlighten compared to someone, a public for exemple, that arent enlighten nor awakened. 

And the other, an awakened person, would refer to someone, that can also be enlighten since the enlighted is also awakened, who has simply awakened. 

im not sure actually. Comes to the same lol.

Probably just different use depending on the context of a story, text, etc.
 - S  
[-] The following 1 user Likes lunabee's post:
  • krya
Hi kriya,
You know me - go to the dictionary and look for etymology of the two words; that is the origin and development of the words.

Without going too deep;

awaken  [as a transitive verb]- arouse (from sleep or inactivity) - activate -  make aware.
 awaken  [as an intransitive verb] - to wake up - to become aware.

enlighten [transitive verb] - give the light of fact and knowledge to...- free from ignorance, prejudice or superstition...

By extrapolation, 
an awakened person is aroused and aware of the existence of spirituality BUT MAY OR MAY NOT YET BE  MOTIVATED TO ACTIVELY GO SEEKING.
an enlightened person has gone beyond basic awareness and has found/discovered the light/existence of facts and knowledge and learned to understand the nature of the ignorance, prejudice and superstition that surrounds spirituality. 
HE/SHE IS THUS ACTIVELY IN PURSUIT OF ULTIMATE TRUTH AND WISDOM.

By implication,

An enlightened person is in a position to offer assistance to an awakened person.
An awakened person is in the position of seeking assistance from an enlightened person.[if the degree of awakening progresses to such motivation]

Enlightenment does not indicate superiority over one who is awakened, merely the former is in Grade IV and the latter is in Grade I.
We are all a long time learning and eternity is a long time.

So, all I've offered is a whole lot more words. Doing so has helped me, personally, to grasp the difference. 
I hope it might be of some help for others seeking ENLIGHTENMENT.

MBS
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 3 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • anushri, krya, Skytiger
Good question Kryra... here is my two cents.  Just more questions then answers --

The terms have changed a bit I think in modern New age circles then its ancient usage.  Traditionally an Awakened Being is considered a Buddha... the term Buddha is not necessarily a person but means an Awakened One. ( Awakened to Universal Buddha Consciousness which can also be called Christ Consciousness etc. etc). 

In the New age usage of terms it seems to be anyone who has seen that there is more to life then just there personality ego.  I have seen and saw it used in written books called an awakened person.  In some new age books those terms Awaken and Enlightened can mean the same thing.

What is difference of one who is Enlightened.  Are there degrees of the Enlightenment experience or even different degrees of the Awakened Experience?

Different degrees of clarity and understanding, different degrees as an evolving soul being?  Awakening to multi-levels of consciousness.   In the Mystery schools they had the terms Initiated and Degrees of Initiation.   How does those terms and what they represent coincide with the awakened and enlightened terms?
I do think we are at different stages , not that one stage is better then another, just different.

At the ultimate core ( not our personalities) of our Being we are all Enlightened or Awakened... but in the evolving parts of our Being we are doing just that - Evolving.    Evolving to the Fullness of Who we are and who we Always Were.  To me both parts of that duality exists.  One of the Paradoxes of Spiritual Path and Journey.   Being and Evolving.

peace
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 3 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • krya, kashish, Skytiger
hello beautiful souls , if anywhere you find me wrong please do correct me ....As i would say enlightens are those who live in present, understands all situations, they dont care about 'what happend?" or "what will happen". they live completely at present state where past and future doesn't exist. whereas awakens are those who are knowledgeable about all kind of situations and spreading their awareness vulnerably in the world and in the process of achieving enlightenment,although i am agree with others too.. Tongue
With trust even a silence is understood, without trust every word is misunderstood. Trust is the soul of all relationship.
[-] The following 5 users Like kashish's post:
  • dryrot, lunabee, Admin, Skytiger, krya
IOM, the awakened sounds more like like someone whose reached the first spiritual milestone.
And the enlightened person is the awakened person who can see the truth.
"You mess with me, I lighten you"
Awesome Admin
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • krya, Skytiger
Those 2 terms mean absolutely different things. Let me ask you the similar questions  as an example:

1. Does the talented person mean the same as cultured person?
2. Does knowing what "strawberry" is theoretically and actually having it tasted mean the same?
3. Are the ability to recognize a masterpiece and ability to create it value the same?

The Awakened person is the one who's got the message, the vision, the idea of where to go and how to do it (at least more or less).

The Enlightened person is the one who already finished his journey that started from Awakening and finished by gaining full knowledge , understanding and ability to apply his acquired skill and talent.

In a nutshell, therefore, the difference is like between a freshman student and a PHD Professor who also got his knowledge proven and practically applied.
[-] The following 2 users Like Astarnet's post:
  • kashish, krya
Hmm... so many interesting definitions. Smile
looks like it may depend on the context.
Awakened may become synonym of enlightened.  Like is Buddha is read to be awakened or enlightened.
Also based on the different comment received so far, it appears that enlightened is a more elevated form of awakened, in other words enlightened = achieved. Awakened = in the process of achieving. 
In that sense, it may therefore feel right to say that the enlightened is also awakened. But the awakened is not necessarily enlightened. 

I'm open to more views and comments.
Thank you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 1 user Likes krya's post:
  • Skytiger
(12-20-2017, 09:45 PM)krya Wrote: Hi friends,
I'd like to read your views about this.

In some spiritual texts, we come across these 2 expressions. "Enlightened person" and "Awakened person".
Would those expressions mean the same thing to you? Or do they mean different thing to you?

Thank you.

Alright here is my personal feeling on this topic; One can be awakened to the changes which abound at this cycle.  To be Enlightened would be ready for the transference to higher Density/Dimensional type ascension.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dryrot's post:
  • krya

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question What does it mean to be a spiritual person?
Started by: Admin
Replies: 10
Views: 5,655
Last post by: MOONBEARSPEAKS
01-30-2017, 02:40 PM