RegisterLogin with Google+

God and Evil
God gives the entities It creates free will to choose between Pleasant Good and Unpleasant Good.  Perhaps the reason for this is the necessity to have an opposite in order to define a characteristic (e.g. hot/cold, up/down, in/out, young/old, wet/dry, good/"evil").  But both opposites exist within God.

Yes, I agree. In these third-dimension incarnations, every moment is a moment of choice, as in the examples you quote. It seems to me that when we have completed our Earth plane lessons, we will spiritually experience a different dimensional existence but with knowledge and understanding of what constitutes the third-dimension experience. At some stage, we will be able to integrate the knowledge/wisdom of all the succeeding dimensional experiences. If God is continuing his creational activities into eternity, then perhaps we will be in a perpetual continuum of creational catch-up.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
What about phenomena as depicted in the movie "The Exorcist" (which, by the way, was based upon an actual event).  Can a person actually be possessed by a devil?  I do think it is possible for a non-physical entity to temporarily assume the consciousness of a physical body.  And it may display Unpleasant Good.
If, as it appears, in this context you are equating ‘devil’ with ‘non-physical entity,’ then yes, I accept what you say in this paragraph, with the added proviso that such an entity may be capable of displaying (your term) Pleasant Good. There are posts on the forum that discuss this subject; they also refer to the possibility that such a non-physical entity might be mischievous rather than Pleasantly Good, Unpleasantly Good or downright Evil.

Please refer to previous page(s) of this thread as I have separated my replies according the the paragraphs of the original thread.
Thank you. 
MBS
[-] The following 1 user Likes MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Gerhard Botha
Share this post on :
(07-09-2017, 03:39 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: What about phenomena as depicted in the movie "The Exorcist" (which, by the way, was based upon an actual event).  Can a person actually be possessed by a devil?  I do think it is possible for a non-physical entity to temporarily assume the consciousness of a physical body.  And it may display Unpleasant Good.
If, as it appears, in this context you are equating ‘devil’ with ‘non-physical entity,’ then yes, I accept what you say in this paragraph, with the added proviso that such an entity may be capable of displaying (your term) Pleasant Good. There are posts on the forum that discuss this subject; they also refer to the possibility that such a non-physical entity might be mischievous rather than Pleasantly Good, Unpleasantly Good or downright Evil.

Please refer to previous page(s) of this thread as I have separated my replies according the the paragraphs of the original thread.
Thank you. 
MBS

Moonbear,
The channeling of the non-physical entity Seth by Jane Roberts is an example of Pleasant Good.
John
The Kingdom of God is Within You
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Yes John, Jane Roberts was in our 'library' years ago and Joyce constantly quoted Seth to me. As we passed through those learning years, we acquired and passed on many books; possibly a few hundred such books, of which I recently gave the last forty or fifty to my local Spiritualist Church.

Incidentally, is it from that source that you take the phrases/acquire the concept of  Pleasant Good and Unpleasant Good? It is a long time ago and I do not recollect these terms.

MBS
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(07-09-2017, 04:41 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: Yes John, Jane Roberts was in our 'library' years ago and Joyce constantly quoted Seth to me. As we passed through those learning years, we acquired and passed on many books; possibly a few hundred such books, of which I recently gave the last forty or fifty to my local Spiritualist Church.

Incidentally, is it from that source that you take the phrases/acquire the concept of  Pleasant Good and Unpleasant Good? It is a long time ago and I do not recollect these terms.

MBS

Moonbear,
The concept of Pleasant Good and Unpleasant Good is not from Seth, but from the writings of Martinus:   http://www.martinus.dk/en/frontpage/
Have you read Martinus' work "Livets Bog" (English translation "The Third Testament")?
John
The Kingdom of God is Within You
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
No I have not, but am headed for your link right now. Thank you. MBS
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
If everything both physical and non-physical exists within God, how can anything be outside of God? 

Greetings John,
In my understanding, I view God as consciousness, and everything created has a form of consciousness to varying degrees, minerals, plants, trees, animals and etc. Man received a pliable form of consciousness where he could created whatever his demands/desires were. What a prize!!! He became the fox that looked over the chicken coop. Smile In order to be outside of self and not interfere in any way with the human conscious created reality/experiences, God gave Man and ‘ego’ and a ‘veil of non-remembrance’ as it was created and a separation from source implemented through the ‘Big Bang’ theory (for the believers of this – while others have a different version) everything was virtually created, as in a virtual reality; made real.

Without consciousness, there would be nothing; nothing to be consciousness of. In my understanding, God is experiencing himself/herself/itself through his conscious creations. The emblematic symbol of the Blind Scales of Justice is quite appropriate here, signifying our reality of duality, balance and justice (karma.) As you sow, so shall you reap.

Duality… As you pointed out John, hot/cold, up/down, in/out, young/old, wet/dry, good/"evil."
Balance… Each scale is weighed/balanced through our decisions/choices, actions/reactions.
Blindfolded… We don’t see what we are doing, creating and judging; mainly of ourselves.

When we entered this physical reality, survival became our foremost motivation and we had only our immediate family to look for that. In giving our trust to our caregivers our imprinting began eventually creating our ego, beliefs and understandings of life in general. Social, cultural and society in general had it’s level of what was acceptable or not. Manipulation and Control became a useful tool to fuel the ruling classes. Now, what wonderful institution could be created for the masses who are looking for salvation??? Where we can look ‘Good’ and where ‘Evil’ is everyone’s nemesis.

But both opposites exist within God. If everything both physical and non-physical exists within God, how can anything be outside of God?’

The ‘Veil’ has its advantages as our consciousness has evolved throughout each in carnation from birth to death and beyond; consciousness still plays a big part in our experiences, after death. In not remembering our existences in other realms and the decisions to experience certain lessons, we go through the experience and not avoid it. The lessons we might choose may involve a group experience as in the ‘Jewish Holocaust of World War II’ or where everyone is a member of a soccer team and exits this reality together in a plane crash. 

In the many sessions where I’ve communicated with entities who have passed over or with people in regression sessions, I have taken them to the planning stages of this and other incarnations where they learn of their chosen lessons and the reasons why they chose certain people accompanying them. We make our way through life symbolically with a blindfold on and experience our lessons with full impact and our experiences can be judged good or evil; there again, it is our choice. It is the strength of our beliefs and the emotions behind them which helps create our reality. Belonging to a group that share similar beliefs in the Demonic or the Ets existence, their experiences will become of that nature. The benefit of the groups energy will enhance the manifestations of such nature, simply through the collective mass consciousness. We might think or we were never taught to believe how our thoughts create or what they might create; therefore we are like the ostrich with it's head buried and victims of circumstances.

Continual and repetitive enforcement of evil or negative beliefs will manifest with the intent that is placed behind it.

Now this conjures up a little story... believe it or not?

If we can agree that we are a form of consciousness, in other words, if we have to be conscious of something in order for it to exist, otherwise we don't exist, nor this life's experiences and all that is in it.

What if we were given those abilities, to create whatever we wanted; by the use of our consciousness! In other words, we create our own reality and those forms ‘thoughts/ideas/devilish creations,’ become the result/manifestation of those choices. Depending on the desire/imagination/and strong emotions, we can create (conjure up) anything. What you focus on becomes your reality and the more intense visualization, the stronger the manifestation.

My wife’s friend learned of an indiscriminate affair her boy friend committed and became very hostile and felt like killing him. In her imagination, she saw herself sending this creature (something she saw in a movie) over to his apartment to do away with him. You can imagine the shock on her face when she received a phone call hours later from her boy friend telling her of his experience. 

Apparently, he heard a noise outside his apartment door and went to see who was there and found nobody there; however he felt a weird energy move past him. Taking no notice, he went back to bed only to realize moments later there was this creature standing over him, threatening him with a kitchen knife. He was so terrified he ran out of the apartment and didn’t stop till he reached a friends place.

She told him about what she had done and why, but for some strange reason I don’t think he could trust her again. Maybe his experience curbed any further desires!

In several occasions Di and I have been on the receiving end of psychic attacks from people, entities and thought forms. Thought forms are extremely hard to get rid of.
Another ‘thought ‘to consider.
"People may forget what you said and they may forget what you did, but they'll never forget how you made them feel."
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I like to stick to God is beyond our understanding, everyone here have a concept of what God is, but it's only there consept, like an ant can't understand what a human are, so we grab at what God are, and that good and fine in my opinion, whatever makes your boat float.

for me spirituality must work, and be real !

Here on this earth there is good and evil, some people are saint and some are devils. The same for spiritual beings.

In my view, to work on self to overcome vices and to strengthen virtue, and to come inline with the Universe , lead to better understanding of God, and that concept (Of God) of a person is changing as a person grow and develop
Light, Life and Love
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
all energy has 2 forms. An a principle energy and an opposing energy. Fire water, air earth, push pull of ocean. Positive and negative charge of atomic particles. North and south pole of magnet. FOR an energy to exist it must have an opposing energy. to achieve balance. Every Energy in the universe, the earth, our spiritual body's fight for balance. Balance with energy can only be achieved if there is opposing energy. All energy is connected. the principle of ying yang.

Good and evil are one I completely agree with John.

The way John explains it the word usage is misleading to everyone.

There is one energy lets call this energy GOD. When GOD is balanced it is GOOD. When the energy of GOD is imbalanced it is EVIL.

We all have the energy of GOD within us. We regulate this energy within us. When this energy is balanced IT results in good. (in Johns term Pleasant Good). when this energy is imbalanced it is "evil" or (in johns terms Unpleasant Good)

( love and hate. greed and joy. shame and will of light. illusion and enlightenment. fear and understanding. ) are examples of the opposing energies of GOD.

One of my main philosophies is the will of fire. this is the will to help the world and ALL people. Some one who lights the way for the world can help balance the energies within others. There Are not EVIL people or GOOD people. There are people all with the energy of GOD within them. Some are imbalanced within because of their choices and/or because of hate and anger thrusted upon them. there are those who are good because of their choices and/or were surrounded by love and understanding.

This question depends on point of view. And to be honest I must agree with what everyone has said because it is all true to me in some way or form. however, I mostly fit in with the point of view with John on this one. I am giving it a different spin to see if it can help explain the nature of energy. As I am an energy/element type of spiritual person I hope my understanding makes sense.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Although I do see the merit of your statement, I would like to add my thinking with regards to the subject. Note that I am not offering a opposing view point just a different perspective on the subject at hand.
As per the hermetic principle of mentalism, the ALL is the substantial reality or essence underlying all of creation. The ALL is pure spirit and as such is undefinable and unknowable. Nothing can be added nor taken from the ALL. The ALL has always existed and will always exist. The ALL manifested a thought and then by vibrating to a lower frequency created the grossest manner of this universe, vibrating to a higher frequency created spirit and all the higher planes of being. To try and comprehend the inner nature of the ALL is foolish as the nature of the ALL can and will never be comprehended by any human mind. It is clear from this principle that no human-like or other attributes can be attributed to the ALL.
But looking at God, the Creator ,it is also clear that the ALL and God is not the same entity/deity. The Christian bible and various other scriptures assign human-like characteristics to God. God is love,jealous,cruel,loving,merciful etc. and as the ALL is undefinable and unknowable, the ALL cannot be God. Although not proven and existing as a theory or thought in my mind, God did not create this universe but assigned this task to one of His subjects, in this case the ALL. Thus if God is all good, which He is not, it is not necessarily to say God created either good or evil; remember one of His subjects played the role of Creator.
A second hermetic principle, titled the principle of polarity, states that all things exist as a opposing entities or forces on the same plane and differs only by the degree or distance between each other. As a example consider 'hot' and 'cold'. If you would lower the 'hot' temperature enough you would find that 'hot' has changed to 'cold.' and by reversing the process the same would happen to 'cold'. Other examples include hate/love,high/short etc. Then of course it stand to reason that good and evil is essentially the same thing existing on the same plane differing only by the distance between each other. It is then also possible to transmute good to evil and evil to good.........
As a last thought and this is not necessarily my opinion or something I agree with, but offers another very interesting though on the subject.
God is seen as God by people that have had a relatively problem free life on earth but the same God is seen as the devil by people that have had a difficult life on earth. Thus your earthly experience determines whether God or the devil exist or not exist.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :