RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

God and Evil
If you project Love towards others, then this produces Pleasant Good for both them and yourself.  If you project non-Love towards others, then Unpleasant Good is produced.  The choice is yours.
The Kingdom of God is Within You
[-] The following 2 users Like johnpetrovic's post:
  • Admin, Uzumaki_Jesse
Indeed John indeed.

By doing so we create a heaven or a hell on earth. The choice is ours.
[-] The following 2 users Like Skytiger's post:
  • Admin, Uzumaki_Jesse
I guess we are all agreed on that principle as the basic tenet of human life.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 2 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Skytiger, Admin
(07-08-2017, 07:49 PM)geo97 Wrote: man is made in the creator's image I don't think its too crazy to see evil to be just as part of God's nature as it is part of ours.

Geo97 this makes the most sense to me about this topic, and I've been curious about this topic.
The seven spirits of god include the fear of god and this made me think.... who would fear an all loving, all compassionate god that doesn't get angry and do hurtful things?

On googling I found this.

Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” (2 Samuel 24:1)
And the same event as told in another verse.
Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel. (1 Chronicles 21:1)
These two verses answered my questions.
Depending on which passage you look at, it's either the devil or god and maybe god has the personality he says he has. God says he is a jealous, revengeful, wrathful god, as well as being loving and compassionate and not willingly afflicting people, yet he does, in judgement, anger and for other reasons.
God doesn't lie about his nature, and we are created in his image and likeness and it seems common sense that he has what we deem good and evil in him too.
So I googled it again.
---------------

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

------------
Out of the mouth of the Most High proceedeth not both EVIL and good?
Lamentations 3:37-38

--------------

Job 42:11
All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the evil the LORD had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring

-----------

I think maybe a part of the great delusion and the tickling of people's ears over the truth is that god does no evil when he says he does.
I think it makes god, in my eyes, more balanced, more relatable, having both good and evil, and a fairer judge of humanity.
[-]
  •
Evil is life spelled backwards in English.
Perhaps evil just explains that we are here to expereince things, to learn, to love, how it feels to hate, forgive, help, and just be.

We are all a part of Creator, as is everything.

Earth IMHO is a school house, with many subjects and races to experience.  So much to learn here.

Eventually we will graduate Earth School and move on to another school.  We never stop learning.

Just enjoy the ‘ride’ while your here.  Which will lead to love of all and everything around you.

Skytiger
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skytiger's post:
  • hastanac
In nature there is balance. There is light and darkness, deserts and oceans, hills and valleys. There are predators and prey. Always balance therefore it is inconceivable to have a being that is totally good, or a being that is totally evil. Good and Evil are the opposite sides of the same coin, and both are necessary for our growth and development. Without cold we can't appreciate warmth, without night we can't appreciate day, and so it is the same with good and evil. We need one to enable us to know the other. According to the Hebrew/Christian Bible and the Koran, God made man in HIS OWN IMAGE. We have free will and if we have the capacity to do good and evil, then so does God!
What is important is not the right doctrine but the attainment of the true experience. It is giving up believing in belief.
[-]
  •