RegisterLogin with Google+

Hello
I understand it's customary to give a little information about ones self when one joins. So here goes. I have been involved in esoterical and occult matters for about 45 years or so, please don't be concerned by the term occult, it just means hidden. My path is the Celtic Spiritual path, I follow no religion, yet in many ways I follow all religions. I am a philosopher and mystic, I have also been called a walker between the worlds. I run workshops on visualisation and meditation, I write pathworkings ( type of guided meditation based on the 22 paths of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life) and run courses on pathworking. Much of what I write is either channelled or inspired. It seems that I do quite a lot, but really I am a seeker, and all I do is pass on what I've learned to interested 'others'. I work with the other realms and have learned much in my travels, but my knowledge is limited, I am no expert, I try to learn something new whenever I can, and while some of us may be teachers, we are all still students, and that is something we must never forget. Most of my 'students' are now greater than me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes johngefnir's post:
  • Ahadi Soul
welcome John

hope you share some off your knowledge with us
Light, Life and Love
[-]
  •
Welcome to the forum johngefnir. As a Celtic mystic you have surely been fortunate to inherit some of the arcane knowledge from the Druidic forebears. We look forward to your sharing with us in due course.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Welcome on board johngefnir.
I loved the intro.
I'm sure we can all benefit from your knowledge.

Looking forward to reading from you soon Smile
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Welcome
I'm very interested in reading your posts. I'm from Scotch Irish grandparents who settled in the USA in the 1800s.
it will be nice reading about the Celtic Spiritual Path.
[-]
  •
There seems to be some interest in the Celtic Spiritual path.
To walk this path one must first understand a little of the Celts and their ways. At one time the Celts inhabited most of Northern Europe. They were tribal, argumentative, and fierce fighters, yet they had quite an orderly and advanced political system, and there was no difference in the status of men or women. they had no written language, and valued the power of speech, all their history was told by bards who competed against each other to see who was the greatest story teller or poet. Unfortunately history is always written by the victors, and much of what we know today of the Celts was written by the Romans, the Romans pushed the Celts from most of mainland Europe and it was in Britain that they made their last stand, the last remaining true Celts being in what is now Wales, Cornwall and Brittany, the Breton and old Cornish tongue being very close to the Welsh language, which is the oldest Celtic language in use today, it actually pre-dates Latin, although I'm sure a few Italians would challenge that last statement.
One of the reasons the Celts were such ferocious fighters was that they were not afraid of death, they knew that life continued beyond the death of the physical, and that they would join with their ancestors in another world. They believed that death was as important as birth.
It is interesting to see how the seasons are woven into both their spiritual and physical daily life. We will be celebrating Samhain at the end of this month, it is one of the most important festivals of the Celtic calendar. November 1st is New Years Day, and so Samhain, the last day of October is the eve of the Celtic New Year. It is the time when the earth goes to sleep, the bear goes into hibernation and everything waits for the new life at Oestre, it is also a time to look back with thanks over the past year and to lay plans for the future. It is the festival of the Triple Goddess,and the female side of nature is firmly in control as the earth is now pregnant waiting to give birth to new life at Oestre. It is also the time to commune with our ancestors, it is the time when the veil is the thinnest, and this of course frightened the life out of our Christian conquerors, they made the following day all saints day, and re-named Samhain 'All Hallows Eve' then the Yanks got hold of it and sent kids out to terrorise the neighborhoods trick or treating.
There was a Celtic tradition of putting out gifts on this evening, these were for the Fairy Folk, who may have otherwise played tricks on them. Just because YOU don't see them, it doesn't mean they're not here.
At the turn of the last century two American girls, the Fox sisters inadvertently started the new religion of Spiritualism, where mediums conversed with the spirits of the dead. The Celts have been doing that for four thousand years!
Do you want more?
It will follow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes johngefnir's post:
  • Ahadi Soul
Hellos again johngefnir; I am so happy to see you bringing us your Celtic knowledge and wisdom so soon.
However, there is a point that interests me.

QUOTE One of the reasons the Celts were such ferocious fighters was that they were not afraid of death, they knew that life continued beyond the death of the physical, and that they would join with their ancestors in another world. They believed that
death was as important as birth. UNQUOTE

Shades of the current Muslim activities here ?

What say you?
[-]
  •
If one is unafraid of death then certainly clinging on to life becomes less important, the Celts were here some three and a half thousand years before Mohamed was born in 570 AD, and it is interesting that the beliefs started in separate continents, the Celts in Europe, and the Muslims in Africa, there were many other religions which believed in the continuation of life, but of the early ones the Celts had the strongest beliefs and practices. The Druids were of course the political and religious leaders and were relatively peaceful, we have to take into consideration the times, and the tribal nature of the world, we should not take things out of context. In the Koran Mohamed said that 'should someone harm just one innocent they harm the whole world, and if someone saves just one innocent they save the whole world.' There were no 'Holy Wars' before the rise of the Holy Roman Empire, before then it was about territory and power. There was no 'Celtic Empire' there was just tribes who in the main lived and traded in harmony.
[-]
  •
Of course there was no such thing as the body-bomb then; it was pretty much one-on-one, hand-to-hand

Time to eat - and think about this johngefnir. I look forward to your next post.

Let Love and Light Be
[-]
  •
Welcome [b]johngefnir[/b]
[-]
  •