RegisterLogin with Google+

Let me introduce myself
I am a scientist who retired from the Los Alamos National Laboratory as a Laboratory Fellow in 2005 after thirty-three years of scientific research in many areas of materials science.  I have published two hundred scientific papers and hold ten U.S. patents.

Since my retirement, I have been actively seeking to understand the nature of reality and spirituality, by combining my scientific logic with my spiritual intuition.  To date, I have published four books on these topics:

"The First Principles:  A Scientist's Guide to the Spiritual"  ( c. 2008, John Joseph Petrovic)

"Exploring Death:  What You Should Know About Dying"  (c. 2010, John Joseph Petrovic)
"Dreams of Reality"  (c. 2012, John Joseph Petrovic)
"The God Within"  (c. 2016, John Joseph Petrovic)

You may read these books for free at my website:  www.seekerscientist.com
[-] The following 3 users Like johnpetrovic's post:
  • anushri, kashish, krya
{{{
Greetings John,
Welcome to the MSGroup, Rolleyes  My eyes are rolling and it seems my Tongue is hanging out. This should indicate we are in for some exciting interactions and possibly a lot of belief changes in the making.Your vast scientific research experience should put things into perspective. I'm not sure for whom Huh but I like to make light of this subject as the other-side seems to lack the same sense of humor. BIGsmile

The topics your books cover many areas of interest and your ' actively seeking to understand the nature of reality and spirituality'
would intrigue anyone's palette and I'm looking forward to exchanging our views on these subjects.

Great to see you here John

Btw. I don't see your research into the nature of reality and spirituality, giving you any time for retirement.
"People may forget what you said and they may forget what you did, but they'll never forget how you made them feel."
[-]
  •
{{{
A bit like the saying "Old soldiers never die, they simply fade away"
I also heard that "Old spiritualists never die, they simply ascend to a higher level."

Thank you for 'finding' us, John.
I shall be on your website ere the day is out.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
{{{
Recently had my first CT scan and I am now well into Science of Spirituality. I actually found your website a few months ago but failed to bookmark it. That is now corrected. Not exactly one for the bedside table but utterly fascinating.
[-]
  •
{{{
Greetings John,
I've read most of your writings on your site and found it very informative... the question I'd like to ask is ... has your understanding changed in any way that would allow you to look at life/your scientific approach in a non-scientific way?
"People may forget what you said and they may forget what you did, but they'll never forget how you made them feel."
[-]
  •
{{{
(06-28-2017, 08:03 PM)Derek Wrote: Greetings John,
I've read most of your writings on your site and found it very informative... the question I'd like to ask is ... has your understanding changed in any way that would allow you to look at life/your scientific approach in a non-scientific way?

Derek,

It has freed me from blind acceptance of current scientific paradigms and prompted me to think how I might better understand non-physical "inconvenient truths" in a logical manner.  It has expanded my view of reality.
[-]
  •
{{{
(06-28-2017, 05:36 AM)Derek Wrote: Greetings John,
Welcome to the MSGroup, Rolleyes  My eyes are rolling and it seems my Tongue is hanging out. This should indicate we are in for some exciting interactions and possibly a lot of belief changes in the making.Your vast scientific research experience should put things into perspective. I'm not sure for whom Huh but I like to make light of this subject as the other-side seems to lack the same sense of humor. BIGsmile

The topics your books cover many areas of interest and your ' actively seeking to understand the nature of reality and spirituality'
would intrigue anyone's palette and I'm looking forward to exchanging our views on these subjects.

Great to see you here John

Btw. I don't see your research into the nature of reality and spirituality, giving you any time for retirement.

If you have any questions about science and spirituality that you may have, don't hesitate to ask.  And my retirement has not stopped me from thinking about what is really important.
[-]
  •
{{{
(06-28-2017, 12:17 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: A bit like the saying "Old soldiers never die, they simply fade away"
I also heard that "Old spiritualists never die, they simply ascend to a higher level."

Thank you for 'finding' us, John.
I shall be on your website ere the day is out.

Your signature quote from Teilhard de Chardin is one that I definitely agree with.
[-]
  •
{{{
Your signature quote from Teilhard de Chardin is one that I definitely agree with.

Misquote actually, but I suspect you are aware of that. Nevertheless, be it not so, I cannot make much sense of the reality in which, I think, I currently am.
[-]
  •
{{{
Greetings John,
Now that you seem to have one of your scientific shoes off, I hope the other one won't take 33 years to remove. BIGsmile I'm just joking, you'll have to forgive me. Blush My journey took my shoes off later in life which started after 43 years of treading through the muck and mire of my own beliefs; not to mention trying to find someone who share my newer views of 'Life as it really is.'

John, I wouldn't know where to start in asking you anything from a scientific approach; I was thrown barefoot into the deep end of the metaphysical pool of life after a visit to a hypnotherapist and encounters with 'The Others' started shortly after I myself became a hypnotherapist.
[-]
  •
{{{