RegisterLogin with Google+

Mandela Effects- what is your opinion?
Hello All, even though this forum seems to be pretty dead and I know this is a spirtual forum and I am not quite sure this will fit here but hey... I have been on a rampage of research for the past week or so. This is what my brains does to me now. Ever since April of last year. It finds something crazy interesting and goes on a obsession for a few weeks absorbing all it thinks it can about the subject then it dies down and sometimes comes back. Ok enough about me. 

What I wanted to discuss with anybody who is browsing the forum and has any thoughts on what we call "The Mandela Effect" This is not a new idea not even for me I looked into it a bit last year and then I forgot about it.  Some call it a conspiracy, but bleh I am totally on board lol. For anybody who has not heard of this before basically from my point of view. It is when a huge chuck of the world remembers something whether its a event, a logo or some kind of cartoon/song one way and the rest of the world remembers as it is now--in this reality. Newspapers and merchandise will totally contradict you- count on it. Some say oh, you have a false memory that's all you were young you aren't remembering it right. Ok half the world is crazy lol. The idea is that we live in a multidimensional world perhaps or we are experiencing just some kind of dimensional slip where there are other dimensions with a world very similar to our own with very small differences. A lot of people are noticing all these tiny changes and its driving us all mad lol.

Anyways has anybody here experienced any "Mandela effects?" I have had many and discovering more everyday... these are my top ones that trip me out everytime:

-the pokemon Pikachu does not have a black tip on his tail when I clearly remember there being one there.
-remember the book Berenstein Bears? Well... it's actually Berenstain Bears- this is the most famous one lol. 
-C-3PO from star wars having a silver leg 
-another star wars one is "Luke, I am your father" now it is "No, I am your father." -even the actor has quoted it as "Luke, I am your father." lol which i'm happy about.
-Forests Gump's "Life is like a box of chocolates..." now it's "Life was like a box of chocolates" 
-Oscar Meyer... it's really Oscar Mayer.
- Snow White's "Mirror Mirror on the wall..." it's actually "Magic Mirror on the wall" 

I will not fill up this whole page with every single one that I agree with but this is so fascinating... what do you all think? A bunch of garbage of everybody having false memories? or there's something weird going on that involves some kind of alternative dimensions? =)

here is one of the videos that got me started on this theory if anybody wants to go watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMXnCCFS2-Q
"-You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ayneebug's post:
  • Gerhard Botha
Share this post on :
hehe nice one , have come across this before
Light, Life and Love
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerhard Botha's post:
  • Ayneebug
Share this post on :
If you know anything of criminal law and even civil law, you will know that the worst witness is an eye-witness.

To quote from Wikipedia 

Eyewitness testimony is the account a bystander or victim gives in the courtroom, describing what that person observed that occurred during the specific incident under investigation. Ideally this recollection of events is detailed; however, this is not always the case. This recollection is used as evidence to show what happened from a witness' point of view. Memory recall has been considered a credible source in the past, but has recently come under attack as forensics can now support psychologists in their claim that memories and individual perceptions can be unreliable, manipulated, and biased. Due to this, many countries and states within the US are now attempting to make changes in how eyewitness testimony is presented in court. Eyewitness testimony is a specialized focus within cognitive psychology
I rest my case, even after visiting the indicated website.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
This is exactly why I rely on my spiritual guides instead of my memory, which never was all that good.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
A bunch of garbage of everybody having false memories?
or there's something weird going on that involves some kind of alternative dimensions? =)
I think we have a bit of both going on here Ayneebug.
I stand by my previous post because, around 65 and 70 years ago I was involved in police work, both civil police and military, in the course of which I encountered this 'false memory' syndrome on numerous occasions. It is very common in everyday life and, in my opinion, it can be disregarded as being a comparatively unimportant and normal thing and no phenomenon.
However, 'alternative dimensions?' Oh yes, no doubts in my mind. I don't think we need quantum computers to determine that. Any one of the tens of thousands of humans who, at this time, never mind in the Dream Time of the aboriginal peoples, thousands of years ago as well as to this very day, engages in serious meditation in its most profound form, will tell you of having experienced existence in 'another place.' Over recent times, we had begun to use terms like 'other dimensions,' 'different vibratory levels of existence,' 'the Angelic kingdom,' 'the kingdom of the Earth Elements,' (not to be confused with 'elementals.') On a Spiritual level, we humans have been aware of these parallel universes, not just for decades, but for centuries - millennia even. Ask any Egyptian over 15,000 years old and he will explain it all in detail. Yes, I am still serious. Books have been written about it. (Have you read the several books by Carlos Castaneda? and one called 'The Eye of the Centaur, by Barbara Hand Clow?) Of course, until now, they have mostly been regarded as fiction, but at last, science is beginning to catch up with things. And about time, too. Just don't believe everything you 'come across' on the internet, but some of those videos are fascinating, aren't they?
Oh, by the way, I have mentioned a couple of times, elsewhere, about how and why Planet Earth and our Solar System are, since about the beginning of the Age of Aquarius and the end of the Mayan Calendar, now travelling TOWARDS the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy, whereas, prior to that, we were travelling AWAY from it. This has a great deal of relevance to our subject.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Ayneebug
Share this post on :
Smile  Ayneebug, will you withdraw your opening comment about this forum being pretty dead? Smile
I was just taking a power nap  Big Grin   

Oh, and Pinewood and Elstree and Hollywood, not to mention the TV people, have been making that sort of boob for decades. That's because the 'continuity girls' (as they used to call them) suffered distractions - lost the plot, we say today, huh?
[-] The following 2 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Admin, Skytiger
Share this post on :
Hello again Katie,
More thoughts about some of the examples you mentioned. A number of these relate to the entertainments industry and apparent changes in how things are remembered. Have you ever thought that, when you view a programme, especially a movie, the version you see in Wisconsin is probably not the only print? It may differ in a number of ways from the versions seen in San Francisco or Billings or New York? What is more, versions viewed in Australia, United Kingdom or South Africa, can vary even more widely. How about the ‘foreign’ language editions? I have heard it said that such ‘dubbing’ can destroy a movie. You know about the clapper board and ‘take 1’ ‘take 2’ and so on. Well, sometimes the director may take a number of different versions of a given scene so that the different versions can be segregated for inclusion into different final prints of the movie for distribution to different locations or countries, according to variations in linguistics and colloquialisms, cultures and customs. So just because you happen to view ‘take 21’ does not mean that ‘takes 1 through 20’ finished up on the cutting room floor. Now, visualise the actors and actresses sweating it out there, under the floods, repeating the same and/or similar lines over and over, to camera. Of course, there are variations, sometimes under deliberate instructions from the director, sometimes because the actor, in his efforts to give more emphasis to words, phrases or sentences, actually says something slightly different in each take. Or maybe the actor actually fluffed it. TAKE 14 Houston, we have a problem. TAKE 15 Houston, we have had a problem. TAKE 16 Houston, we’ve just had a problem. TAKE 17 Houston there’s been a problem. TAKE 18 Uh… Houston, I guess we might just have a problem. TAKE  19 Houston, uh, I guess there's just been a slight problem. Etc. etc.
Oh, and don’t forget the ‘continuity girls’ I mentioned earlier, swooning over the proximity of the leading man/woman. Funny ole world, ain’t it.
Sorry, I know this is a spiritual forum and I have digressed somewhat, but only in the interests of watching and testing, so that we do not too readily attribute ‘spiritual’ characteristics to normal everyday happenings. And I recognise that my comments do not apply to all your examples. We have to be aware that quantum physics is just another branch of the sciences being investigated by man. Also, today’s headlines make tomorrow’s history. Why, I even remember the first successful heart transplant.
Oh, I nearly forgot. How about deliberate misinformation?
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
sorry moonbearspeaks I have been busy so I haven't checked the forum recently lol, and of course I have thought of the different prints of a movie or songs. I have a handful of "mandela effects" that I just am not on board with because of that reason. It's just the classic lines that throw me off- things i've heard all over the world for years. Of course it could just be me relying on my memory which I can't rely on really. The other dimensions are totally fascinating to me- and I will put that book on my list to remember to look for it. Also I am very glad that the forum is more active now =) I looked at 3 different websites when I was searching for a spiritual in nature forum to be apart of- but I kept getting drawn back to this one so I am glad I did.
"-You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." 
[-]
  •
Share this post on :