RegisterLogin with Google+

Our past lives (Why don't we remember our past lives?)
My take on re-incarnation is that is somewhat likened to grades in school, then college, then university to the ultimate graduation when we no longer re-incarnate to this earth plane. Then, taking all the knowledge, experience and wisdom thus far accumulated, we move to a higher plane where we continue to learn, but following a different curriculum. When Jesus is quoted in biblical texts: - 'In my Father's House there are many mansions,' my interpretation is nothing to do with grand houses, rather different levels of life experience. Perhaps also, the expression 'seventh heaven' is also relevant.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I agree completely
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Zulfikarshk ...

Is this what God is? something to fear? a God that would diminish us to an existence of torment and hellfire forever? If so then what a terrible God He is something to definitely fear and NOT to love. O no no no, this is not what God is. God is pure and beautiful He is all love nothing but love, He does not punish but has put in place laws, and these laws govern the way we behave. In other words (WE) punish ourselves for the wrongs we do. Many cry out and blame God by saying - "why do you cause me so much pain and grief, I have done nothing wrong". If only we put in a little effort through spiritual practices in searching for such answers, God will in time give us the answers we seek. God loves us unconditionally more than we will ever know. The churches teach what you say; yet if you ask the minister of a church anything on death, birth, angels, Jesus, or the Lord Himself, they will not be able to give you a satisfying answer but only repeat what has been written. Going to church is good at the beginning as it does lead one towards God, but, to remain in a church for the length of ones life is a waste of that life. One should expand beyond the church where one starts searching for answers that they can't find in a church, instead of being lead by another. Once that person starts searching by putting a little effort in, and by changing for the better by ridding the bad qualities we all harbour within, God then comes nearer and lead us towards the discovery of 'WHO WE ARE' as well as other great and wonderful truths. No one can lead another to God no matter who they are, they can only point the way. We ourselves 'must' travel that path ourselves (if), we are wanting to KNOW the TRUTH.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
QUOTE No one can lead another to God no matter who they are, they can only point the way. We ourselves 'must' travel that path ourselves (if), we are wanting to KNOW the TRUTH.

Yes lumah, we are all here to learn. Perhaps we might be 'passive' learners, or we might be active seekers, striving daily to achieve the highest possible understanding of the 'biggie.' WHY are we here? How can we KNOW the TRUTH?
Then again there are some who seem to have taken on the mantle of teachers. How fortunate we are should we cross paths with one of those.

Interesting to read so many and contrasting views on our relationship with God and the subject of past lives..

However, in my view, there seems to be one serious misconception prevalent.
Surely we should be trying to understand the subject ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL.
I AM A SPIRITUAL BEING HAVING A HUMAN EXPERIENCE.
Our human experiences, on the Earth Plane, give us a mental learning of lessons by physical manifestations and circumstances. Our transition to the higher level at the end of each incarnation, is surely in order to integrate the total of such learning on an abstract, or subliminal, level. We certainly have no need to remember the minutiae of daily human life in order to hold on to our understanding of the abstract concept of the lesson learned. One remembers that the kitchen stove can burn the hand, without re-living the trauma each time one sees a kitchen stove. In due course it is the accumulation of learning that leads each individuated soul/spirit to a degree of sublime SPIRITUAL knowledge, ready for re-assimilation into the ultimate Source.

QUOTE If i am so many other ppl then i am forced to grab on to my individuality before it begins to sink under all the other lifes i will live.

I dont see why if this is a test why i have to keep taking it over and over unless i keep failing but if i pass do i get to come back as a star or planet or maybe a galaxy?

Sorry, higher_level_energy, not to argue with you, but to offer a different take on this. Moving through some or many incarnations should not be seen as being 'so many other people.' YOU are your individuality, one continuously eternal spirit growing, expanding. developing, with each of the other lives you will live (and have already lived.)
As far as being a test is concerned, if you check out my last post, consider each life as a stage in school. End of year test equates to your 'after-life' spiritual 'self-assessment', in collaboration with your Higher Self and your guides, before deciding on what form or pattern of learning you will undertake in your next incarnation.
As for whether your next, or succeeding, incarnation will be as planet, star, solar system, galaxy or universe, I would not presume to claim such advanced knowledge of the soul's evolutionary progress. But why not? Probably one who had reached that stage would not return to our more mundane level, unless, perhaps, as a teacher, a guru.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I consider each body I wear in my different lifetimes, a suit for a specific event. The events are life experiences in the material world. In truth I am the spirit/soul within.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :