RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

Tesla Coil Experiments
I have built nine Tesla Coils between 1986-1998. From small to reasonably large sizes. I no longer have them now, for I have learnt from them what I needed to know and then gave them away. I took many photographs at the time, but a house fire destroyed everything I had. What photos I do have were retrieved from family and friends. So I will try and assemble some information about what was built and for what reasons. As a qualified electronics technician, and an amateur (mad) scientist, I was searching for the truth about electricity. At a deeper level electricity is still a mystery. Since electricity is normally invisible to us, I decided to make observations of the visible arc forms. To do this I needed to make an apparatus, like the Tesla Coil, to generate enough voltage for an arc (visible electricity travelling through air) to appear.

Below is my first Tesla Coil. All the parts can be seen on the table. The photos were taken in 1986. I used black and white film for part of the experiments. Infrared (IR) and Ultraviolet (UV) are just beyond either side of the visible light spectrum range. Certain black and white film were also sensitive to them and would become visible on the film. Back in 1986, electronic devices for detecting IR and UV were both hard to get and expensive. So photographic film had to do.

I am not sure how to proceed with this thread in terms of depth of information. Both Tesla Coils and electricity, to get a deeper understanding about them requires some detail and explanation. However, I will assume that some interested people on this forum will know some basics about electricity, or even lightening. So before I go too far, I will test this forum's interest in this field of enquiry into the relationship between electricity, reality, and the spiritual realm. If others are interested I will proceed with this story of personal discovery.

[Image: 1_TC_1986_b.jpg]
[-]
  •
I'd like to know the spiritual conclusion out of this research you've made. I will surely learn something from it.
I'll keep this thread in check, get back to it from to time to check for any update.
Thanks.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •