RegisterLogin with Google+

The Alpha State Or Trance When Sleeping
After so many breathing exercise or other spiritual form of exercise that affect the Chakras or the consciousness, it happens to many disciple to start to experience a form of Trance when meditating or when they go to sleep.
I would like to touch the topic of Trance some of us have or continue experiencing when they go to bed.
If you have an experience about the matter, do not hesitate to post, it’s always great to read how others are doing because it gives so much clarity to who is new to this.

As you already know, we all astral travel when we go to bed, we all leave our physical body and go in the astral world at night. Many of us humans and probably the majority simple do not remember when that happens and what we actually did in that astral world while our physical body was sleeping. This is surely why astral traveling (Out of body experience) is still seen as a mystical thing, something that is only done by wizards; but I know when majority of humans awakes in the astral world on day, this will no longer be seen as a scary and magic thing, but as a natural behavior of what we are.

The astral trance happens when our physical body is falling asleep while our mind is still fully awake. During that process, when the brain waves are slowing down, many things happen. And if you can keep your mind awake during that process, you will see how things goes by steps, you will find out everything from the moment your body sleeps to the moment your astral body leaves your physical body. The astral body waits for the brain to be at a lower brainwave (brain activity) before it starts to free itself from the physical body. Science have studied the brain to say, that the brain can go up to 4 states of activities, called brainwaves.

The 4 main types of brainwaves are beta, alpha, theta and delta.
Beta is the usual activity of the brain, at beta, we are fully awake in the physical world. And the more we are active, the more there is activity in the brain, then the more the beta state strengthens. At the beta state, the astral body do not leave the physical body, because it needs to help the physical body to express the soul manifestations. But once the body becomes cool and very calm, the astral body is free to leave the body and do what it does best, traveling the world, enjoying the freedom of space and even of time, meeting with what is like him, studding …

Alpha brain state is the trance state; anybody new to alpha state may find it very uncomfortable. As from alpha, you do not feel the physical body any more. It’s the sleeping state. As in fact what we usually call “Sleep” is the Alpha state, when the body is not felt no more. To sleep is not to loose consciousness, to sleep is to let the body rest. Our soul never sleeps, what in fact sleeps is always our physical body, our brain. Every time the brain moves from one state to another, to alpha for example, the whole body is said to be sleeping.
Now those who have practiced how to be vigilant, those who have learned to stay awake in meditations ( in the world of thoughts and feelings), hold the ability to stay awake in alpha state. When someone is experiencing consciously the alpha state, we say he is in Trance state. That means we all go through alpha state at night but not all of us experience the Trance state. To be in trance state is then to be conscious of the sleeping state.

Theta is a state of the brain when waves become very rare, the brain activity is so low that the soul can leave the physical body, because it knows the body doesn’t need him at that time. A physical body at theta state sort of says to the astral body “Look body, I do not need you for now, I won’t need to move any part of my body with your will, so you can go for a trip while I’m sleeping”. Then the soul grabs the astral body and uses it to carry on its life in the invisible world.

Then it also occurs that the brain gets to delta state, which is coma, a total inactivity of the brain, but I won’t go into details about this. So let me get back to the Alpha state, which is our main topic.

During trance state, because we are being aware of the process, many of us will realize a paralysis of the body. I will advice not to panic when that happens, although I did panic when it happened to me for the first time, but this is also because nobody ever talked to me about it before, I had no clue. The paralysis we experience during the trance can be explained by the fact that we as awake consciousness are trying to feel and move the physical body while the brain is inactive (alpha state). No need to panic then. Alpha state is not going forever, besides, those states always tend to move forward to a new state. The alpha state will strengthen more and more and progressively until it gets to the theta state. That means the paralysis is just a step, if we keep calm during that process, the brain state will change to theta and from then we will not feel the paralyses no more, because we can now move with another body, we will feel even more free and so at ease to move than the way we do in our physical body.

I found out from experience that the sound level can define the level of state in which we are during the trance. During the process, all our organs of physical senses are shutting down, but it seems like our ears come almost last in that shutting down of the body. So as we move from beta to alpha, sounds become so week, as you carry on towards theta, the sounds keep fainting. The faint of the sound explains the change of state. Then once in theta state, that state when we can move out of our body, notice that we can hear fully again, And at the beginning, at the entry of the theta state, the sounds seem to be even louder, you can hear distance sounds, like a car passing down the street as if you were very near to it.

A trance state or alpha state is a very fascinating state, although scary and very very uncomfortable at the beginning. Many people think that it’s the state where we can leave our body and astral travel, No. It’s not. But it’s a start. Some people accidentally awake straight in the theta state in their astral body, some others goes through steps of the process before leaving their body. The alpha state has a lot of advances too, from the alpha, our sub consciousness is very receptive, so it’s the best moment to influence it, to program, to do some autosuggestion. The autosuggestion you make to the sub consciousness in that state works millions times better than when in the beta state. This is why, so many natural changes happen at night. Some good as well as bad guys, would astral travel and go influence people sleeping ( at the alpha state). There are also practices where the patient is put into alpha state in order to suggest him new habits, this is the case of hypnotism. From that state alpha, we can experience many psychic behaviors, especially those alpha close to theta, when your astral eyes are fully opened in bed, and can’t be closed, you could see colors of the aura in front of your eyes, hear a conversation happening in a house next door.

If we take the alpha state as the time when we get out of our body, you might be too excited during that state, and would want to quickly stand up and move away from your physical body. No. it is not going to happen that way. I’ve already tried that a hundred times, and many others did do the test, it did not work. Every time you try to separate your astral body from the physical body in alpha state, you just end up waking up in the physical world again. Get familiar with the Trance first, get used to that strange feeling of paralysis and progressive physical senses shut down. Learn how to stay in that state without panicking for few minutes before you attempt to separate yourself from the body. In any case if you are still in the alpha state, you can easily tell, as you will feel stuck in the body, you try to stand up but you can’t.
In a heavier state of alpha, you can train yourself moving part of your astral body out of the physical body, your arms for example. After few minutes of trance experience, try to lift one of your arms, check if you can see it, I bet it’s invisible, but if you really felt you could move that invisible arm, that means you are very very close to the theta state.

Love and light.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thank you for this Krya. It really helps with understanding the different brain waves and how our consciousness works at different frequencies. I am currently falling into what I could only call Alpha state, I go there with relative ease, but it can be become overwhelming at times because when I am in this state, I sometimes come across what can only be described as other peoples conversations or thoughts. I am trying my best to get used to the state and am improving. I also sometimes go in to what is a sort of bodily trance, where I can feel my whole body vibrating at such a high frequency, almost more as if my astral body is vibrating inside my physical body. I can feel however like I am fast approaching the experience of Astral travelling or Lucid dreaming. Either way I will be happy to experience both.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Very interesting fatehearted! From what you just described, there's absolutely no doubt you're experiencing the alpha state.

Because indeed, in alpha state, you can use your telepathic skills, especially the ability to hear conversation of people you know. You hear them inside your head, so clearly as if those people were in your head, while physically there could be a very long distance separating you and them. That's normal, the ethereal matter removes distances, and makes all sounds available.

At that point, no need to force an astral travel, It will eventually happen over time. Pranayama breathing exercise should surely be your friend right now Smile .
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :