RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

The Moon - in Astrology, Alchemy and Tarot Symbolism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...LXl4y6D-QI

Kyra just wrote a wonderful post on The Moon and working with it's energy and cycles.  Below is something I  had written  about the Moon symbolism and archetypes a few years ago and this is a wonderful place to share it :

The Solar Sun is symbolic of the Light of Daytime Consciousness and also called the King in Alchemy symbolism and related to metal Gold, to the Fire of Spirit and creativity. The Luna Moon is connected to the Divine Feminine, the Queen in alchemy, the metal Silver and to nighttime.  It is the archetype of the Matrix and the spiritual Essence of Water at the deepest rung of it’s archetypal ladder. It is the Yin Divine Mother archetype – embodied in the stories and myths of Mother Mary, Isis, Demeter and others to name a few.

As with all archetypes it has a more universal quality and and also a practical symbolic qualities manifesting in it’s working out in the consciousness of people aligned to it. The Moon is connected to Intuition ( High Priestess), Dreams, the subconscious, and the collective unconsciousness.  It is connected to fluctuating changes and cycles. ( the moon cycles),   It is connected with mass consciousness that can sweep thru a group of people effecting the emotions and public opinions.   Consciously or unconsciously and also either positively or negatively.

Moon on the personality level relates to our sense of security or wanting security, nurturing and feelings. Instinctual feelings, sympathy and unconscious habit patterns, are all Moon related.  Habitual behaviors and prejudices are ruled by the Moon. Prejudices may not be acted out, as our Sun consciousness may censor them, but the Moon rules our spontaneous reactions and feelings.

Being connected to the Matrix ( also called Matter on all levels in esoteric study- the birth of and source of the Prima materia in Alchemy ) - it is a container, a cup and holder of spirit.- connected to the Past, heredity, and family.  The Life force of Yang and the container principle of Yin must work together - either without the other it is not complete.  The Yin/Yang symbol is not about duality but about the trinity of completeness - which includes the Circle surrounding both the light and dark symbol - and a part of light lives within the dark and a part of dark lives within the light.

All symbols connected to Motherhood are also connected to the Moon. – it is the Seed that holds the blueprint and life force of what something will eventually become- connected also to the egg, the womb, to childbirth, childhood, and mother’s milk (a source of nourishment). It is connected to the principle of containment and security.

In an astrology chart of a person- the placement of one’s Moon by Sign, House and Aspects can give an indication how an individual relates to the archetypes of the Moon and that what it represents in their life.

[Image: moon.jpg]

Above are two Tarot cards which symbolically relate to different aspects of the Moon.. As the High Priestess she is Sophia the holder of hidden wisdom and the mystery of Divine Intuition. As the Moon card we are dealing more with the subconscious level of the Moon.  Shown to us in dreams and even nightmares at times. It can be a reservoir of emotional stuff including fears and anxieties we hold from the past - but also be a source of strength and wisdom if one takes it to a deeper level. That is shown on the card, the crayfish and animals at the lower end on card represents what is called our lower animal nature but once we pass the open pillars (we become conscious) we move into an area which leads to the higher symbolic mountains beyond. The Moon is connected with a dreamy astral psychic ability (which could be illusionary and dreamy at times) at its lowest levels and truly Divine Higher Self Intuition at it more advanced stages.
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 4 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • johngefnir, lunabee, anushri, krya
Thank you Aceofcups for sharing your work with us :Smile 
I like it. It is important information about the moon. Here we can find almost all it is about the symbolism of the moon.
Each line is rich and contains a lot when unpacked. 

And the video, It's as if it was intended to me Smile The video contains one piece of music which I'm emotionally attached to (I may not say the music name). It's as if you knew what melody shapes me.  It reminded me of some good old days of meditations with that music. Anyway...

Thanks again.
Love and light to you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Love and Light back to you -- Kyra

The music post was Debussy's  - Clair De Lune.. meaning "Moonlight" or " The Color of Moonlight"

And being that my Natal moon is in Aquarius in the 4th House about two degrees away from it's exact conjunct with transiting Sun right now was perfect time to get back into Moon energy for me.

Peace
ace
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aceofcups's post:
  • krya
The moon is the closest planet to Earth and literally moves with us, with you, with me, in a sacred dance that unfolds in even, rhythmic cycles mirroring the cycles of your body, the cycles of the harvest and growth of plants and trees, the cycles of life. This intimate dance is what we celebrate when we monitor moon phases and honour the waxing and waning of the moon. We say thank you for the pull, the tides, the fullness and the emptiness within and without.
Although we celebrate the New Moon and Full Moon with the most dramatic and formal rituals, there are actually 8 moon phases, quarters of quarters, and each has significance. Here are my interpretations of appropriate magical workings for each. Keep in mind that for me, all moon work begins at the New Moon, when the sky is dark. I think of this time as a clean slate.
NEW MOON
Opening and visioning work. Setting intentions, releasing fear, leaning into faith. Use labradorite, black moonstone, iolite. You may also use tektite, obsidian, and clear quartz.
WAXING CRESENT
Emergence of light and commitment to intentions. Gathering tools for the work ahead. Use Nuumite, Rainbow Moonstone, Emerald.
FIRST QUARTER
Allowing the details of intentions and plans to unfold. When uncertainty arises, responding with affirmations of trust and surrender. Use Jet, Onyx, and Lapis Lazuli
WAXING GIBBIOUS
Half-light, building energy, feeling the coming intensity of the full moon. Staying focused. Use Fluorite, Carnelian, Citrine.
FULL MOON
Celebrating fruition, bathing in the light, receiving and opening wide to what is available. Complete release of fear and surrender to the present moment. Use Moonstone, Selenite, Quartz.
WANING GIBBIOUS
Cleaning up from the creation, gathering tools to begin the descent, honoring and giving thanks, allowing the energies to be anchored. Use Calcite, Angelite, Unakite Jasper.
LAST QUARTER
Releasing what isn’t needed, letting go with grace. Being present to the emptiness ahead and remembering that what empties will eventually fill. All is allowed in the circle. Use Rose Quart, Bronzite, Sodalite.
WANING CRESENT
Leaning back into faith and trust, honoring the darkness within and without. Paying attention to messages and signs. Use Black Tourmaline, Petalite, Obsidian.

[Image: moon_phases_no_face.jpg]

[img=583x583]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 1 user Likes johngefnir's post:
  • krya