RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

The selfless conscience
I'll get right to it. Any who have anything whatsoever to say in response; please feel free.

Surely, if you are here, you are at least familiar with the concept of the conscience. It is fair to say that everyone perceives things at least somewhat differently; that everything is subjective to some extent. Some may base what is good on how they will profit monetarily. Some perhaps, on the exposure or attention they get. Maybe they think what is good is the maintenance of the well-being of those they are emotionally tied to. My point being that in terms of what is morally correct; the conclusion can vary widely from individual to individual. It seems people here may strive to know what is right and good and spiritual. In fact I may very well be preaching to the quire. Hopefully those here know the importance of introspection, retrospect, humility, and self honesty. I would hope that they can at least identify self deception when a light is cast on it; so I will skip going into detail on the conscience in general. The issue (for the select few who actually listen to their conscience on some level it seems) is that even when one attempts to follow the promptings of what is right( the conscience) it can still be distorted by the sense of self(want for self/attainment of some kind), leading to a wholly different conclusion from the next individual.

So how will any real peaceable advancement of the whole of life ever happen at the rate things are going now? Never.

How can we begin to at least agree on what is right morally? How can we know when we choose a thing if it was actually for the benefit of the majority involved or for one's own benefit? How can we know that we are doing what is best in all situations that include others. How can we realize objective morality?

Easy right?

Take the variable (self(attainment)) out of the equation.

Any input is again welcome. I may or may not proceed most likely depending on reception.

Regardless;

Peace sincerely
[-]
  •
Unconditional love for everyone and self. When one has and shares unconditional love, there is no guilt, there is only joy, and freely sharing joy and happiness with everyone.
I think all have this within, however human life sometimes makes us unsure of self, and question why we do things. If we dwell on what we think is wrong in our lives, we lose the feelings unconditional love gives us.
One thing to remember, it is just as important to love others as it is self, because we are all connected, we are all one.
Once the above is achieved, the still small voice within, wins over self doubt. To me self doubt is one questioning everything they do, which puts doubt in the mind, which may be what you refer to as conscience, which causes one to question everything they do.
The still small voice within that speaks only of love for everyone and self is Creator.
I hope I am on the same subject you are.?.
[-]
  •
Popsthebuilder, i like this post and agree with you here, the human dilemma is we do not know, truth from almost truth, the fact that some people is starting to realize this show there is progress. I think the only answer is the uplifting of contentiousness, most people will rather follow then even think about this subject. ( self deception ) how can you now you deceived yourself? or had been deceived ?you can only no deception when you come out off it.
l like your answer Skytiger

i never met a person that give unconditional love, that is close related to consciousness a swell, i think.

i do not think is self doubt that is asking and pondering this deep subject but more off a realization, that what we do as humans is not working

unconditional love is difficult for me , how can we give what we do not have, we first must reserve unconditional love to give it. But yes i think unconditional love is in the right derection, you have a lovely spirit Skytiger

i do not feel or think the same as a year ago, or a month, my understanding change and my feelings hehe

only my opinion hehe
Light, Life and Love
[-]
  •
Close.

The conscience doesn't instill doubt though.

The selfless conscience is that little voice. I agree that one must love themselves. If one goes about doing whatever without contemplating the consequences then that could lead to arrogance which is far from what is right in any case. For to assume they are always right is still one assuming. Instilling doubt isn't what I am talking about, but removing it.

Peace
[-]
  •
popsthebuilder. Wrote
Instilling doubt isn't what I am talking about, but removing it
Skytiger
I agree we should have no doubt. IF our intentions are based on unconditional love.
The more we share love, the more love we receive.
[-]
  •
(11-02-2016, 04:17 PM)Skytiger Wrote: popsthebuilder. Wrote
Instilling doubt isn't what I am talking about, but removing it
Skytiger
I agree we should have no doubt. IF our intentions are based on unconditional love.
The more we share love, the more love we receive.
I agree. Everything is reciprocal.
Reciprocation of the love for creation and self is needed, no doubt. But to love yourself over any other can lead to entitlement and greed and discrimination. Ones own value must be at zero while all others are the value of one. And of course; peaceable unity in singular accord in harmony with the will of GOD for creation is the motive and goal, for this time and life.

In my humble opinion.

Peace
[-]
  •
I disagree, all love should be equal. If we cannot love self completely, we cannot love others completely.
Love has no numbers, no one is more special than another, including self. We are all equal. Once we realize this, the selfish ego will cease to rule you as your Selfless Ego comes forward bringing true unconditional love for everyone including self.

One other thing I feel should be added. This comes from my cousin.
We are all a thought in the mind of God.
IMHO our soul is a spark of Creator. We are a part of Creator, without whom we would not be complete. Nor is Creator complete without us.
We are one with Creator and each other. Everything around us is part of Creators Essence.
It really boggles my brain when I start contemplating who we really are.
[-]
  •
I agree. Everything is reciprocal.
Reciprocation of the love for creation and self is needed, no doubt. But to love yourself over any other can lead to entitlement and greed and discrimination. Ones own value must be at zero while all others are the value of one. And of course; peaceable unity in singular accord in harmony with the will of GOD for creation is the motive and goal, for this time and life.

sorry can not see it sorry ... nothing can not value something, it seem like negative ego, to value self as zero is ego. Balance between self love and love for other is codependent, share love and reserve love work beautiful in a perfect world. Unconditional love is something greater, it will lessen ego. To make smaller, the consciousness of one self, (ego), to get in line with one Higher side , to close the gab between God and us.

unconditional love seem like the best vehicle for the journey

only my view
Light, Life and Love
[-]
  •
You miss understand me. We should love all and self equally. No one is more important than another, no one is special. All are equal including self. No one is loved more or less than another including self.

Adding.
Creator loves all of creation equally including us. There are no favorites. Creator loves unconditionally, so should we.
Actually Creator loves all of us equally, including the terrorist, the robber, the murder, as well as all the good people. All are part of Creator, regardless of what we are.
The above was a bit hard for my ego to even consider when I first heard it. On reflection, I have ALWAYS believed in a Creator who is pure energy, pure intelligent, and pure Unconditional Love. Believing as I do, how could Creator NOT LOVE any part of creation? Simple Creator is incapable of not having unconditional love for all, as Creator is Unconditional Love.

On reading again, you do understand me. Oops
[-]
  •
Well done Skytiger. I really like the way you have responded on this thread. At the same time, thank you popsthebuilder for the presentation of the topic. Argument and counter-argument between fellow-seekers can only be conducive to sorting it out and helping each other as we search for the truth.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •