RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

Where do our thoughts come from?
Hi all.
I'm back with another question. 

I guess the better we understand thoughts, the better we can manage them.

Let me know whatever you know about it. Little it might be matters . 

Thanks in advance.
[-]
  •
(02-10-2018, 09:49 PM)admin Wrote: Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

thoughts come from feelings
[-]
  •
(02-10-2018, 10:38 PM)timepicture Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Do you also mean:
No feelings no thoughts?
"You mess with me, I lighten you"
Awesome Admin
[-]
  •
(02-10-2018, 10:48 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Do you also mean:
No feelings no thoughts?
thoughts come from feelings and feelings come from thoughts its a circle
[-] The following 1 user Likes timepicture's post:
  • Admin
(02-10-2018, 11:16 PM)timepicture Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 10:48 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Do you also mean:
No feelings no thoughts?
thoughts come from feelings and feelings come from thoughts its a circle

That's a good point. Smile
"You mess with me, I lighten you"
Awesome Admin
[-]
  •
 Just my two cents on subject

I think thoughts which come into our awareness comes from different places.  Depending where we are situated within our being and consciousness.

If one is centered in emotions and what is called the emotional body.. yes, our thoughts will be about our feelings, our fears, desires etc... emotional stuff of all kinds.   Sometimes thoughts come from the atmosphere surrounding us and if we have any type of infinity with them (energy-wise) they come into our mind. 

Other thoughts come from what is called the lower mental field of conscious... and is the place where we get the term " the monkey mind" with thoughts just coming in one after the other just floating into our minds.  Different types of thoughts.   And extremely hard to quiet if we try to meditate.

There are other deeper thoughts which come into us with abstract thinking, universal connections, archetypal awareness and forms of what is called true Buddhic Intuition.  And aligning to the Highest Within.

Also depending on which Chakra one is working out of can effect the types of thoughts we entertain within us.

Peace
Aceofcups
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 4 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • anushri, krya, MOONBEARSPEAKS, Admin
IMO thoughts are formed from our experiences, from all our lifetimes as well as knowledge learned in the spirit world.
Our Spiritual connection with our guides brings lots of information about the reality around us, which results in more thoughts to ponder.
Talking with our friends we meet in this world, brings more thoughts.

It would be a dull world indeed, if we had no thoughts to ponder.

Skytiger
[-] The following 2 users Like Skytiger's post:
  • Admin, MOONBEARSPEAKS
Thank you Admin for a thought-provoking question.

Having given the matter a lot of thought, over many years, I have come to the conclusion that, as said by Ace of Cups, it depends where we are within our being and our consciousness.  If we are going about our day-to-day affairs, then I would say AofC's term 'lower mental field of consciousness' applies. Perhaps one can call it 'autopilot.' Thoughts might pop up from various sources.
As to where we are at any given time, if we are practised in matters of meditation and mind-control, then it becomes a question of INTENT. 
With that practice and intent, we can reach a level which includes the ability to communicate with Higher Self and with beings on other vibratory dimensions.
I suggest that a fuller understanding of this concept can be gleaned from existing threads/posts on site or archived.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 4 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Skytiger, krya, Aceofcups, Admin
Well I suppose the thoughts originate from our subconscious mind...
[-] The following 2 users Like Pawan Grover's post:
  • Skytiger, Admin
Good question Admin.
It takes to explore your own mind to see where thought come from. Until one doesn't look within, he/she won't know where thoughts come from. We are spirits in human bodies. The moment we got into this body, we make acquaintance with this thing we call thoughts. We are all foreign to thoughts. We as spirits are beings of much attention. In our original world (the spiritual world), we used to have our attention on one item only, one item which contains everything. That what we are good at. Watching, focusing, giving love to whatever we give our attention to, whatever is presented to us. 

Now because we brought that attention quality in the material world, we now focus and follow each and everything that comes to our attention. And because thoughts are not one thing but many, we are therefore faced with a difficult mind situation. " The monkey mind", an attention following each thought, an attention which jumps from one thought to another :Smile

Advanced meditators have noticed that the more they become spiritual, the number of thoughts coming to our attention goes down. Because spiritual process also means a change in the consciousness. Your consciousness sorts of moves up in higher layers of the mind, getting closer and closer to its orgins ( the spiritual world). The more we go up, the less thoughts we come across, until we reach the origin, where there is only one item to pay attention to (the silence). Below is complexity, the many, the details. Above is simplicity, unity, singularity. In the many we always have to connect the dots, bringing those separated information together to come up with an answer. But in the unity, all information are in one, so there will be no need to cogitate or to imagine.

We just have to realize that we are foreigners in the material world where we are facing many thoughts. We should suggest ourselves and say "Hold on! I'm no longer at home here, and since I'm going to stay here for quite a while, I need to find a way to live with this thoughts without being influenced by them", then we learn to become simple witnesses of thoughts which come in and goes out of our attention :Smile . We get no attached emotionally to none of those ordinary thoughts so we may freely move up to higher regions when we need to. 

In the spiritual world we may be naked, we don't need cloths (thoughts) because we don't need protection. But in the material world, we need to wear cloths. It's indeed scary to live here without thinking about where we are going, doing, being...Smile , we need to make decisions otherwise we are screwed. You need a mind for that. So nature provided a subconscious mind  around our attention to remind us or to warn us of dangers of this world. The human mind is the only precious thing which can take humans to a different path. With a proper use of thoughts thoughts, we may forge our destiny, instead of being victims of general fate which most beings in nature face. 

So thoughts come from many places. From our own subconscious mind which responsible of the automatic thoughts, of the monkey mind. To use MoonBearspeaks words, this is the "autopilte mind" :Smile . A disk of all sorts of archived thoughts and images which get back to our attention in turn from moment to moment. In addition to those automatic thoughts, also come to us external thoughts emanated by other humans and invisible entities; We attract all those thoughts to which we are affiliated. At the end of the day we are overwhelmed with endless thoughts ( our own thought and the ones of the surrounding). But it's okay. Unless a thought is worth chasing, encouraging or elaborating, we may simply watch them all vanish by themselves. 

And No, not all thoughts are negative. The world of thought is a huge network. You can see the thought world as a forum website :Smile why not ? Look, in this website you have different categories of forums ( Astrology, kabbalah, magic...). When you go in the astrology category for example, you see nothing but astrology. You may spend time viewing symbols which may make you angry because they look useless at first glance Smile . In kabbalah you only see some strange Jews tradition view of the universe which may  give you headaches. But then you also have the Inspiration category in the website, in where after having spent some time, you feel really good, soul  lifted. Because what you come across there gives you a new perspective of life, letters are now  read like music melody :Smile

Well, same experience with the world of thoughts. If you tune to a scientific thought network, you start attracting and receiving scientific thoughts, in the bus, in the train, at home, in dreams... If you connect to a philosophy thought network, you start receiving more philosophic thought automatically. This is how you may self educate yourself by discovering more and more from mind network alone. However if you only connect to the day to day thought network, you get nothing but shared public opinions, you will always attract your neighboring thoughts, and will continue thinking like everyone, bringing nothing new to the world :Sad

Also not all thoughts coming from entities are bad. Because of the type of thought network someone may be connected to, that someone by attract a corresponding spiritual entity which sees good opportunity  to use the person voice or fingers as a channel, in order to bring something special to humans through speech or writings. 

What about our own thoughts? Thanks to free will, we may receive a thought, modify it, purify it ( create the best thought form) and send it out for other people or thought networks (egregors) to receive, Which is one great way to contribute to earth good mental health, for the benefit of all.

Love and light
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 6 users Like krya's post:
  • Admin, noman, Skytiger, anushri, Aceofcups, MOONBEARSPEAKS