RegisterLogin with Google+ Login with Facebook

Your view on polygamy and a man's love for women
What do you think about this? The title says it all.. 

I do wish to know about male and female's perspective on this subject. 

Im just very curious. 

When I think of it, it hurts. I mean, thinking of the person I love going out there creating families would drive me crazy. But at the same time, I dont own him.. If hes guided to, would it be codependant from me to tell him otherwise? 
New perspective is needed here.

Administors of this group, and all others of course, please answer. truthfully. 

thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lunabee's post:
  • Ahadi Soul
First reaction - the planet is already over-populated vis-a-vis available resources. Resources that is to say, in terms of suitable land available for COMFORTABLE human occupancy, and access to worldwide agricultural and mineral raw materials conducive to support of the current human lifestyle. Without consulting statistics, I believe a substantial proportion of the world population in general does not have adequate access to food, water, medical facilities.
There is already serious consideration being given, within a financially affluent and elitist segment of the western world, to migration to an alternative planet, simply as a solution to these problems. 
Human and some other mammalian reproductive cycles are continuous throughout the year, related it seems to the lunar cycle, whereas in other species they are confined to intervals within the annual cycle. i..e. humans are capable of consciously imposing control of reproduction levels, most other species are subject to naturally imposed conditions over which they have no conscious control, that is survival of the fittest.
In some areas, specifically the Middle East, there are millions of displaced refugees, many facing starvation and other privations. 
Appalling life conditions for other millions result from the supply/use of destructive drugs, while the suppliers amass fortunes.
The urge for sexual gratification has got wildly out of control and is already aggravating the population problem. Food resources in the so-called developed world are not utilised optimally - ask anyone who is involved in garbage disposal.
Far from being a solution it seems to me that polygamy would be an aggravation of the current human population problems.
As a race, we need to resolve existing problems, not create more.
As I say, these are basic humanitarian thoughts, a gut reaction to the question, without scientific foundation.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 1 user Likes MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Skytiger
The planet is OVERPOPULATED.

The last thing we need is people having more than 1, 2 at the most - children.
My husband and I have none, never happened, and the way the world is going - meaning wars and hatred towards others - I am so glad we didn’t have children.
Frankly small towns have become big towns, which have become bigger towns, which become cities, which become even bigger.  Honestly the way things are going, Dallas/Fort Worth will soon meet up with Austin.  Geese, why people would want a planet to grow into nothing more than side by side houses, and no Mother Nature and all the animals that live here, gone is beyond me.

I feel humans need to be what they were meant to be.

Keepers of the Garden.

We have done a poor job keeping the planet a garden.  Both with overpopulation causing more and more nature to be destroyed so humans can build more houses to house more and more people.

Frankly I believe Mother lEarth is tired of us destroying the beauty of our planet, which can be seen by all the fires, earthquakes, rising oceans, etc. which are basically sending more people to the other side - also know as dying.

Also if my husband said he wanting to have a mistress, I would basically tell him NO.
I live in Texas and just some information for those who don’t know.  — If a spouse finds their wife or husband in bed with another, it is legal to shoot both of them.

I am so glad my husband and I found each other.  We are so happy, that our Aunt and Uncle sent us an Aniversity card that says.
  If ever 2 people belonged together, it’s you two.

So in anwere to your question.  NO Way would either my husband or I want another person to share our life with.  We are quite happy the way we are.

Someone wrote a book back in the 70’s about people who lived on a planet where the only thing they could eat was wheat, and human flesh, plus  the only thing they could drink was water.

They married more than one spouse.  Meaning a family might have 4 husbands and 4 wifes.  They also had their skin tattooed so when they died, their skin would be taken off and made into rugs.
They didn’t have funerals.  They cooked the dead person, and everyone came to a Funeral Feast and ate their dead realities.

It ends with them discovering a space ship with no one in it.  They found a film showing war, and were completely horrified that they covered all the bodies up and buried them.
Said it was a waste of meat.
Then they discovered that they were the descendants of the people in the space ship, who had lived on a planet called EARTH, which was so polluted that it could not support any life - human, animals, fish.  Earth became a DEAD planet.

Overpopulation could INDEED be the Death of us.
[-]
  •
thank you for your kind answers.
 - S  
[-]
  •
Hello lunabee

Well, you have one male and one female response.
Would you like to share your own thoughts with us?
[-]
  •
I would like to add that where I live we cherish the love between 2 people.
Love that grows each day which results in a beautiful life together.
As they say here....a happy Spouse results in a happy life.

Heart

If a married couple are not happy, divorce happens.
[-]
  •
Hello all,

I do completely understand that the world is overpopulated. Especially when considering the natural resources available. I also agree that if polygamy is practiced by those who use sex as a method of Egotistical self satisfaction or pleasure, it would only make the overpopulation problem worse.  Even though WE are all one as spirits, many of us cling to the illusion of separation which causes there to be such disorder. 

I am a student studying at a technical university in Europe and many (most actually) of the souls and spirits I have come across have a deep passion to dedicate their lives to preserve the Earth and World. I have also met students from India who deeply desire to return to their country to help the problem of poverty and suffering among their people. It is also true I have met those whose ambition for success money and power drives them. They are young, smart, and full of potential but lack a certain quality. They have convinced themselves (to some degree) of the illusion of separation. (It also must be said, that they still have potential to find or learn this quality. Perhaps it is understanding of the purpose of life)  

However, I have noticed this trend. We are the souls who get the opportunity to study at the University. We are the souls that receive the fruits of the Western world rather than the curses. The passion to save this world and bring it back into balance, has blossomed in many new-coming spirits. An awakening or enlightement. This is the natural balance inducing, possibly karmatic, energy effect taking place in the souls of humans to bring back the balance of the Earth that is unbalanced due to disorder caused by over population. This is the human potential. The will of all of US as one. I believe that balance can be re-obtained if we come together and work as one. But there is work to be done. As their are those who still cling to money power and greed. It is ironic in my opinion that there are world projects that are meant to colonize different planets when the Earth is destroyed. The people working on these projects are the best engineering and great minds. IT is true that a project of this caliber would be a great human accomplishment of a lifetime. The irony lies in the process of Achieving this dream. They not only fuel the processes which hurt the Earth but also are not part of the solution to preserve and care for the Earth and its people. (the Earth is where we should live and protect. We are, after-all, protectors of Earth. This is part of our purpose in the human experience) This is a perfect example that knowledge is not wisdom. 

However, when considering Polygamy, I am brought to an inevitable conclusion. In any relationship their must be balance and understanding. Every relationship is different. The level of understanding must be always be at a high level for the relationship to thrive. But the manner of retaining balance is different (or unique) for every distinct relationship.

When considering Polygamy it is inevitable that the all people involved must know about eachother. This is necessary for understanding the one who has multiple partners in the relationship. Secondly, the one who has multiple sexual partners must be able to accept the fact their energy will be invested in multiple beings. Which is a big deal. To be responsible you must dedicate time to each and do your part to keep all in balance. If you soul is bonded to two (Or more) people for life. The one who soul is multi bonded would feel their energy pulled in different directions and would also need the two partners to be accepting of the fact they share your soul.  The conclusion I come to is that it would be a conflicting process for all parties. In some way or form. Especially when involving sex.

I will say, personally, that I am first hand experiencing what it is like to be a young person in the world. I have felt  strong romantic bonds in my life. To different souls.  It is curious to think of polygamy as a possible solution to bring those you romantically love together while avoiding the possibility of causing heartbreak in another and yourself.  It could be possible if all three or more people involved could live together and move and act, and live as one. This is the only way I can see it of possibly working. But, personally, within my heart of hearts, I desire to be with one with one person. I also hope to have children and raise them to be part of the solution  to help the Earth. and if this is not possible. I will follow the path I am called to. But again this is my point of view. I shared this in the hopes it would help you in some way Luna bee

thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Uzumaki_Jesse's post:
  • MOONBEARSPEAKS
Thanks Jesse. 
Some valid points in your post.
Good to have the views of a 'younger generation'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Uzumaki_Jesse