RegisterLogin with Google+

hi, meditation blog
Hi all. My name is Ryan and I started a daily Vipassana meditation practice 3 years ago that has completely changed my life. I'm a 31 year old Biologist in North Carolina, USA. I write a blog at continuingvipassanapractice.wordpress.com/ discussing my growth and exploration of this process. If you're interested check it out!
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(10-25-2012, 08:02 PM)Ryan Wrote: Hi all. My name is Ryan and I started a daily meditation practice 3 years ago that has completely changed my life. I've recently started a blog at continuingvipassanapractice.wordpress.com/ discussing my growth and exploration of this process. If you're interested check it out!
Hi Ryan, Welcome in the forum,
I've checked your blog, it's very inspiring.
Thanks for sharing the love.

How did it all start for you? I mean do you know where that desire of starting meditations came from?
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(10-25-2012, 08:06 PM)krya Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:02 PM)Ryan Wrote: Hi all. My name is Ryan and I started a daily meditation practice 3 years ago that has completely changed my life. I've recently started a blog at continuingvipassanapractice.wordpress.com/ discussing my growth and exploration of this process. If you're interested check it out!
Hi Ryan, Welcome in the forum,
I've checked your blog, it's very inspiring.
Thanks for sharing the love.

How did it all start for you? I mean do you know where that desire of starting meditations came from?
I've always been very phylisophical and a bit turned off by organized religion, but I didn't get the push to start meditating until after my Dad died. Taking care of him at the end of his life was an amazing experience and I became curious about the dying process. I read most of "The Tibetan Book Of Living And Dying" and was amazed at how complex their understanding of the dying process is. I wanted to discover more for myself so I followed my friend to a Vipassana meditation center and the process of meditation both made sense and worked. I was able to process some really difficult family issues that I couldn't think my way through. Now meditation has just become a part of my life, possibly the most important part of my life, but its still challenging because it's a very different lifestyle than I lived previously. I guess that's the adventure of it!
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I'm sorry for your Dad.
Meditation being part of your life is such a cool thing.
I bet you do vipassana every where you are. Smile

I must admin I have had difficulties in getting familiar with the Vipassana state of mind.
"The seeing things as they are". I wanted so bad to free myself with thoughts so I pushed hard my brain
until I started having headaches. and few people I know have also experienced the same problem.
has it been easy for you at the beginning?
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi Ryan

Welcome to this spiritual forum. May you find all the warm companies and support you need in this group. I am looking forward to reading your posts in this forum. And by the way thanks for that inspiring blog of yours.

Love and light to you.
"To love is to be".
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thanks Michelle. Krya, I didn't have trouble getting introduced to Vipassana because I took a free 10 day course. While it was intense, I felt like in one fell swoop I got a clear understanding of what this technique was about and how to do it properly. If you check out the "about vipassana" tab on my blog there are some great videos about the 10 day courses.
The hard part has definitely been integrating the practice into my daily life. I've always known how much it helps me but I haven't always had the discipline to do it consistently. I'm currently on a pretty good run but I'm sure the will ebb and flow. It is nice to check in with Vipassana throughout the day but I wouldn't say I do it continuously. That's the goal though!
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi Ryan and welcome again to this forum. We are glad that you have chosen to be part of this awareness group and bring your light in it. We therefore look forward to reading your future posts and benefit from any spiritual knowledge you can share with the rest of us. Perhaps you may want to start by taking us through your understanding of vipassana meditation technique by writing a new thread about it?

Love and light to you.
Mystery creates wonder. Wonder produces curiosity. Curiosity raises questions. Questions lead to answers.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(10-26-2012, 05:03 PM)John_Ly Wrote: Hi Ryan and welcome again to this forum. We are glad that you have chosen to be part of this awareness group and bring your light in it. We therefore look forward to reading your future posts and benefit from any spiritual knowledge you can share with the rest of us. Perhaps you may want to start by taking us through your understanding of vipassana meditation technique by writing a new thread about it?

Love and light to you.
Hi John. Thanks for the warm welcome. Explaining vipassana meditation through words alone is a tall task because the important part or the practice is what you experience on the pillow but I appreciate your encouragement to talk about this technique and when I have time I'll give it a shot.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(10-25-2012, 08:02 PM)Ryan Wrote: Hi all. My name is Ryan and I started a daily Vipassana meditation practice 3 years ago that has completely changed my life. I'm a 31 year old Biologist in North Carolina, USA. I write a blog at continuingvipassanapractice.wordpress.com/ discussing my growth and exploration of this process. If you're interested check it out!
Welcome Ryan!
[-]
  •
Share this post on :